Presence not Perfection!
Parenting is full of joys and challenges and can produce a considerable amount of stress for everyone involved. It is very difficult to be kind when you feel like you are going to explode or you just want to hide under the covers. Our Mindful Parenting workshop will emphasize mindfulness skills that will help you gain clarity, step out of reactivity, and respond more effectively to the challenges (and joys) of parenting. You will also begin to cultivate a deep sense of compassion for yourself and all members of your family.
• Learn how to practice mindfulness and mindful self-compassion
• How to take the parenting journey one moment at a time
• How to respond to parenting stress (as opposed to react)
• How to start over when you feel like you blew it
• How to take responsibility for your behavior and teach your children to do the same
Mindful Parenting involves an ongoing creative process, not an end point. It involves intentionally bringing nonjudgmental awareness, as best we can, to the present moment. This includes becoming aware of our moods, thoughts, and body sensations. As we begin to learn to attune to our inner landscapes, we then do so for our children.
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott
Mindful Parenting Class March 3, 2018
$110 per couple
$85.00 for a single parent
5161 Northland Drive
Grand Rapids MI, 49525
T: (616) 425-9642
Register at Renew Mama
Learning how to Breathe through the difficult parts of parenting...