College age students are one of the most stressed groups of people. You have classes, jobs, relationships, future plans, money...the list goes on! Read on to find out how this course will help bring more balance and ease to you life!
Email me to hold your space! Active Registration begins January 2, 2020
During this class you will be introduced to the practice of mindfulness and learn several skills, including meditation, for managing stress and enriching your life. Mindfulness is about being attentive to your life, reducing the amount of time you spend worrying about the future or fretting about the past. An important aspect of mindfulness is developing a nonjudgmental, accepting, even curious attitude about your moment to moment experience. The more you develop this attitude, the less you will feel overwhelmed by changes and challenges in your life.
Each class was developed and tested specifically for your age group. Learning to calm and still the mind is one of the greatest skills you can develop! It is not a magic wand, and will not make all of your problems go away, but it will give you the tools to help yourself when needed. It does require a commitment to the class, and to starting a meditation practice.
First Week Session: Tuesday March 3, 2020
* Learning the practice of mindfulness.
* Working with thoughts.
* Beginning to see our judging minds, and learning to let them go.
* Reflection logs- begin noticing and recording your learnings each week.
*Plan to establish a daily practice.
Break: Then Part Two
* Learning to focus on our breath.
* Noticing our thinking mind vs. our observing mind.
* Acceptance is not giving up.
* Reflection logs
* Plans to establish a daily practice.
Second Week Sessions Tuesday March 10, 2020
* A strong and observing mind stays calm and centered.
* Our thoughts, not our circumstances cause most of our stress.
* Meditation builds resilience.
* Mindfulness Practices:
Basic breath meditation
* Reflection Logs
* Continuing plan to establish a daily practice.
Break: Then Part Two
Teacher Contact Information: