Presence not Perfection!
Parenting is full of joys and challenges and can produce a considerable amount of stress for everyone involved. It is very difficult to be kind when you feel like you are going to explode or you just want to hide under the covers. Our Mindful Parenting workshop will emphasize mindfulness skills that will help you gain clarity, step out of reactivity, and respond more effectively to the challenges (and joys) of parenting. You will also begin to cultivate a deep sense of compassion for yourself and all members of your family.
• Learn how to practice mindfulness and mindful self-compassion
• How to take the parenting journey one moment at a time
• How to respond to parenting stress (as opposed to react)
• How to start over when you feel like you blew it
• How to build your own "emotional container."
Mindful Parenting involves an ongoing creative process, not an end point. It involves intentionally bringing nonjudgmental awareness, as best we can, to the present moment. This includes becoming aware of our moods, thoughts, and body sensations. As we begin to learn to attune to our inner landscapes, we then do so for our children.
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning
to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott
CLICK HERE FOR A RESOURCES PAGE
What's New with Mindfulness at Renew Mama
Mindful Mamas at the Mama's Circle
* 1/2 hour of Quick and easy mindfulness tidbits that you can practice WITH your baby!
*Learn how to bring calm into your life.
* Practice breathing techniques that will benefit you and your baby!
* Learn ways to take care of yourself!
Friday, February 1, 20191 . 1:45- 12:45
In the Works....
Mindfulness talks that target universal parenting issues...
* Teen issues
* Transitional times
* Use of technology
* And more!